Thursday, November 15, 2012

Casual post 2

I've had trouble with my right arm and hand, I was off work on sick-leave for 4 days last week because it was aching so bad. Two of my fingers are still numb, and I'm waiting for them to start getting better, and my wrist's still a bit sore, but other than that, I'm back in the game!

I'm doing a gift-wrapping tutorial for the Advent calendar of Enfant Terrible by drawing, and also adding some pics of my wrapped gifts once I get around to it. I might even post it here, and add translations to English under the drawn tutorial pictures, since the whole thing is in Finnish. I'm going to buy a fake Christmas tree, and should also purchase some decorations for it, since there really isn't a Christmas without a tree for me. I've been waiting for the days to pass so that I can finally start publicly hyping about the holidays.



On a more serious note...
Someone said in their blog that they read the ones with lots of purchase photos and outfits, but I've never thought of myself as one of those bloggers. I'm more in the direction of a journalistic "something to say" -kinda blogger, and since very few Lolita-related blogs are like this one, I find it hard to find an audience. I don't put my whole soul into the fashion, I don't compulsively shop for knick-knacks and shoes to fill a void and feel validated by the community, and I don't value people by how much Angelic Pretty they have on.

Am I alone in the universe of this style?

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had the time energy and daring and inspiration to write down more of deeper stuff I think about, and less taking the quick and easy way of hey here's what I happened to wear today. I admire you for doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you girls. I'd love to read the deeper thoughts of other Lolitas as well. Maybe even some dialogue between blogs. :3

    ReplyDelete